Wednesday, January 30, 2013

W3D2: Ask Yourself

I get asked a lot what motivates me. What keeps me inspired? What do I do when I just don't feel like working out? I find inspiration from lots of things. It could be a conversation I've had with someone, a personal victory in the gym, a new number on the tape measure, just about anything really. Look for inspiration and you will find it. Look for the good and you will see it. But there are days. Oh, there are days. Plenty of times I've walked into the gym half asleep and told my partner, 'I don't wanna.' And I love how she knows me well enough that every.single.time. her response is, 'Yes you do. Let's go get started.' :D But there are also those moments when I'm in the comfort of my own home. A soda in the fridge will beckon. A nibble here and a nibble there of something yummy. The couch will call my name on the weekend instead of the gym. But a question I have been learning to ask myself along the way is, 'Will this help me achieve my goals?' I say it, sometimes out loud, every time I am tempted. If the answer is 'no' then it's clear cut. I just don't do it. Plain and simple. And let me tell you, it works for every temptation. So my challenge to you is to ask yourself this question. Make it a habit. Make it the first thing that runs through your mind when you're tempted. See the results!



W3D2 Operation: Unleash the MILF

Workout Duration: 1:04:27
*About 15 minutes of this was spent dicking around, putting weights away. ;)
Calories Burned: 548

I am happy to say that in only two full weeks, I've said buh-bye to 5 inches. Over half of that was off my hips! My weight has yo-yoed plus or minus 3 pounds this week but....uh....well if you're a woman you know the reason for that. ;) I don't rely on the scale as a measure of my success at this point. This is all about inches and body fat, baby! Speaking of, that went down 0.1%. 


1 comment: