Friday, January 18, 2013

W1D3: You Lift WHAT?!?!

I remember back when I started lifting, I struggled to curl 5-pound dumbbells and do squats with my body weight. In a little over a year, I've come quite a long way(still more to go, though!) and have proudly lunged around the weight room with a 35-pound plate overhead or 25-pound dumbbells at my sides. And I've smirked proudly to myself in the mirror as I shoulder pressed a 55-pound barbell over my head. But all that doesn't seem to matter now. Why? Because Operation: Unleash the MILF is kicking.my.ass. I don't normally do circuit-style training, instead, my body has grown used to eight to ten repetitions of a particular exercise, followed by about thirty seconds of rest before heading into the next set. But this week...this week has been a hard smack in the face. As my partner and I went through our circuits yesterday, I groaned my way through shoulder presses with 15-pound dumbbells. And then I cussed my way through walking lunges with measly 10-pound dumbbells at my sides. Hopefully no one saw the embarrassment on my face or heard the little voice in my head that was telling me to 'just give up. This is just the wrong program for you.' I wanted to smack that little bitch and tell her to get outta my head! I had work to do! I cannot even begin to tell you the anger that arose inside of me as I started my third circuit and had to drop down to 5-pound shoulder presses. Really? REALLY?!?!? I have worked so hard to come here and now be beaten back into the ground by some circuit training? But you see friends, this is where my anger helps me. I have always been the type of person that when told I can't do something, I'm gonna go do it. And I'm gonna do it better than you ever expected. So 5-pound dumbbells be damned. In the words of a friend, I "will conquer those bitches!" So I will leave you with one of my favorite images, even though it seems like it's mocking me at the moment....



Workout duration: 46:02
Calories burned: 462
*My workout got cut about ten minutes short due to daycare calling to say my baby girl had a high fever. She's on the mend now and I feel good about the work I did, even with the lacking time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment