Sunday, January 13, 2013

Operation: Unleash the MILF

That's what I'm calling the next 12 weeks of my life. I have taken on a new training plan and have my eye set on 20% body fat. Don't so much care about the number of pounds I lose, just need to kick that fat in the rear! For the next four weeks, my training will be as follows:

M: Weights and HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training)
T: Zumba(active rest day)
W: Weights and LISS(Low Intensity Steady Steady cardio)
T: Zumba(active rest day)
F: Weights and HIIT
S: Weights and LISS
S: REST DAY!

Now that you've seen my busy week, let's get down to business.

W1D1 KICKED MY BUTT! While I felt like a floppy noodle after training today, it excites me that a program is challenging me on the very first day. And here I was feeling like I am in great shape already! By the third go-round of my circuit I felt like I wasn't going to be able to finish the demanded repetitions. At some point I remember yelling at my partner, "tell me our motto!" And of course, she replied with, "SHUT UP AND TRY!" So I did, and I finished. :)

Getting onto the treadmill, my body already felt exhausted but it wasn't anywhere near time to stop. My HIIT had me running 10 mph sprints for 30 seconds. I joke that I'm training to be Kenyan. ;) Thankfully I only had to run like that 8 times and there is rest in between sprints. Getting off the treadmill, I was a sweaty, shaky, noodley mess...in a good way.

Workout duration: 47:03
Calories burned: 528
Most memorable quote of the day: "It's sad when crunches are rest, Zumba is relaxing and you get excited about mocha protein powder."

No comments:

Post a Comment