Tuesday, February 12, 2013

W5D2: You Deserve Happiness

I'm going to be hardcore honest with you for a moment, friends. I am struggling the last couple of weeks. Though the numbers on the tape measure and the body fat monitor are going down, I don't feel like they're going down quickly enough. I guess this is the problem with losing so much weight in such a short amount of time. You expect that every time you hop on the scale or get measured. Things have slowed down to(it seems) a snail's pace for me lately. And I know that's how it's supposed to be. Bodies are smart like that. Doing it slowly is more healthy but darn it if it doesn't make me edgy! I had hoped that by almost halfway through Operation: Unleash the MILF I would have seen a lot more body fat gone. And while I have perused the comments of others using the same program, they assure me that most big changes don't start happening until after week six. I'm so impatient! I feel like I have worked my ass off and that this program has exhausted me so much that I should be seeing more results by now. I shouldn't complain. And I'm not, really. This is more of a mental roadblock for me. I'm sure those of you that struggle with weight loss(in any situation) understand. I know I'm doing well. I'm eating what I'm supposed to and going hard at the gym. All of my lifts have increased this past week and I feel I have more stamina during the workouts. These are good things! So with that I would like to say...

Dear Brain,

Just STOP! Stop thinking. Stop OVERthinking. Change will happen and it will happen at the body's pace, not yours. Clearly, you are tired. Have a nap and shut up while you're at it.

Love, Me

Now, everyone repeat after me: I deserve happiness. I will not let my brain overthink the weight loss process and I will not worry myself with things beyond my control. I will eat right, I will exercise, I will take my vitamins, and I will get adequate sleep. I deserve to be happy




W5D2 Operation: Unleash the MILF

Workout Duration 1:16:44
Calories burned 580

No comments:

Post a Comment